Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week of Snow

Hello,

The office was closed yesterday due to massive weekend snowfall. In order to avoid massive boredom, I went out and did a few things. After sleeping in a little bit, I went to eat lunch with my cousin Catherine. We went to this place called the "Good Stuff Eatery" which is run by Spike from "Top Chef" and uses all free range beef for their hamburgers. It was great--loved the burger, fries were handcut, and the milkshake was incredible. I will probably go there again!

After that, I went back to the apartment in time to catch a few of my roommates before they went out for a long, snowy walk. Not wanting to sit alone in the apartment, I went out with them. We walked all the way to the WWII memorial. The snow was ridiculous and froze my feet, but I toughed it out and it turned out to be a pretty fun walk. The reflecting pool is completely frozen over. I also walked by all the museums, which I plan to hit up very soon. Also on my to do list for the upcoming weeks-- going to see some local markets. I would really like to see the Eastern Market first-- I hear it's pretty neat. Plus it's not too far from my house. Other markets on the list are are the farmer's, fish, and Italian.

Today was a fairly ho-hum day. Trudging through left over snow, I got to work 5 minutes before anyone else did. Work is...pretty good. I'm getting better at my jobs, but I still struggle sometimes. The bummer about work is that I don't work with anyone my age. All the people in my office are nice, but they're typically very busy and consumed in their work. My supervisor told me today that last semester there were 3 different interns in the department. This semester I am the only one--except for one girl who only comes in on Thursday and Friday (i don't even work Friday). So I'm kinda flying solo. But whatever, several people don't even do anything at their internships...at least I'm busy.

So it's been snowing now for a few hours. It's supposed to keep going until the mid afternoon tomorrow. The streets are starting to look pretty bad, so I doubt I will have work tomorrow. I just hope they email me tonight so I don't have to wake up early and what not. If I don't have work tomorrow I will probably read, blog, and pray the power doesn't go out.

So after that it will be pretty much be the weekend. How will I spend my time?? I don't know yet exactly. Catherine's bday party is Friday, I will probably go out for that. Thursday will probably be a night for bar-hopping with the fellow interns. Maybe the weather will be nice enough to go to the market or visit the Smithsonians. Also, I don't know if I will have President's Day off or not. If I do, maybe I'll have time to embark on an adventure of some kind.

Will write more soon

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment