Sunday, February 14, 2010

Holocaust Museum

Hello blogosphere,

I'm currently hanging out at a Valentine's (apostrophe necessary?) party. So can't talk much. Just wanted to mention that I went to the Holocaust Museum today. There was one poem I read there that really struck me. It was written by a holocaust survivor; he survived solely because he was a talented writer. Many of his friends died because they were less "gifted". Anyway, he wrote this poem after it was all said and done. Here's how it went:
-
I, the Survivor

I know of course; it's simply luck
That I've survived so many friends. But last night in a dream
I heard those friends say of me: "survival of the fittest"
And I hated myself
-
I thought that was pretty powerful. It's a great museum and if you ever get the chance you should check it out.

I'll write more soon, just wanted to share


No comments:

Post a Comment