Thursday, February 18, 2010

Meeting Tim Kaine

Hello everyone,

This was an exciting few days. It was weird going back to work after a four day hiatus/snowpocalypse. I was kind of worried about getting back into the groove and swing of things. When I got to work things got rolling and my afternoon came very quickly. By the time it was 3, I had not even eaten lunch yet because I was so busy. That's when the highlight of my day came. As I was about to go eat lunch, my supervisor IMed me and see the Chairman's interview. Needless to say, I accepted. To my surprise, I even got to help walk Chairman Tim Kaine down to the interview! I got to meet the Chairman and shake his hand and even have a small conversation with him. This guy is one of the most influential people in DC and he knows who I am, where I go to school, and where I live! CRAZY

After that, the week flew by with ease. I'm getting more comfortable with my job. On a daily basis I answer the phones, transfering members of the press to their respective secretary, updating data records, doing projects, and searching for/summarizing media articles. I like it mostly--my job is pretty much all about the news and political media. Also I really believe in the organization goals, so I like doing all I can to help them out.

Now the weekend has begun; class was cancelled and everyone is gettning ready to go out on the town. I'll be joining them soon. I should have more time to write tomorrow, and should have more time to write then.


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment