Monday, February 22, 2010

Hey guys/gals,

Today was a productive day at the office. I got there at around 9:15, did some media clips, answered the phones, and worked on a project where I researched the contact information for various NPR stations in the Northeast. By the way media clips are basically short summaries of articles written about issues that apply to the DNC in some way. Come noontime I took notes on the Robert Gibbs Press Briefing. Then I did another project where I pitched an Organizing for America event in Milwaukee Wisconsin to local media outlets. Then I went to lunch with a few other interns from different Departments. It was nice to talk to the other interns and compare jobs and what-not. They were kinda small townish girls, judging by the fact that they asked me if planned on marrying my girlfriend. Nice people though, must say.

When I came back, I received a compliment in my inbox. Apparently my notes on the press briefing were so good that my supervisor sent them to everyone in the office. And tomorrow, they will be used to prepare someone for a TV interview!!

After that, I compiled the daily Rapid Response Digest--a series of press releases sent throughout the day--onto one document. Later that will be sent to the White House!

To end the day, I sent in my clips and my supervisor said I'd done an Amazing job today. So I feel pretty good about all that

After work I went to workout. Then came home and made a big dinner. Then went running. Then came home and ate some more. Now I'm watching Ice Dancing with a few of the guys downstairs, just chillin. It's been a good day


Laterz,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment