Monday, February 15, 2010

Hey again,

Well I'm watching the Olympic figure skaters. It's really impressive stuff. I'm not even a fan but I gotta give props where props are due.

The past week overall has been pretty up and down. At one moment, or perhaps even a whole day, I'm out and doing something fun; something that occupies my time, interests me, and makes it all fly by. There are moments though (not days) that are slow and kinda depressing. Right now for instance, is pretty blerg-ish. I don't know why, but my apartment can be a little smothering and depressing.

Meh maybe something else is buggin at me right now. Kinda hard to put my thumb on it at the moment. I guess I'll just diagram the past couple of days, maybe that will shed some light on my slight/temporary funk.

Like I mentioned last night, I went to the Holocaust museum with a friend from the house named Joe. Needless to say, by the time I walked out I had completely forgotten it was Valentine's day. I guess learning about one of the most disgusting events in human history will do that to you...depending on how you feel about Valentine's day.

Valentine's Day definately gave me a mixed bag of emotions. I have the most wonderful Valentine ever, but she is literally on the other side of the planet. She gave me some really cute cards, but we didn't get to talk any. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to communicate b/w the two of us. When I'm just sitting around like I am now; I get a little blue because I realize how big of a relationship adjustment this is.

When I got out and do stuff though, it keeps my mind busy enough to not get too down. Today I went to a neighborhood coffee shop and got some reading and writing done. After that I went to see Dupont Circle/try to locate the house of Real World DC. I couldn't find the house (got the wrong address) but I did explore Dupont a bit. It's a really neat area. I found this bookstore that also has a bar and grill. I call that heaven. The whole area was poppin with cool and original places. I'll go back soon for sure.

On a more somber note, I found out my cousin was injured in Afghanistan. He is fine and should return to the front soon, but just keep him in your thoughts/prayers for a while.

Best,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment