Monday, July 5, 2010

Hello,

If you're ever in Austin on a Tuesday night, wondering what to do, you should head to Flipnotics Coffee Shop and Eric Honaker play. I went last Tuesday, and everything about the show was great. He's a terrific musician, with a terrific group, inside of a very mellow, groovy venue. Eric can play the fiddle like nobody's business, and hits it pretty hard on the axe as well. If you're lucky, he may spend a few minutes ranting about the time(s) he's spent with "indian tribes" as well. Bottom line is, he's a great artist, and he performs weekly for free at a great venue. Can't beat it.

I think Eric provided me with a lot of good energy throughout the week. We had a lot of difficulties with our group, but things seemed to turn a corner last week. Despite my apprehension, the campout was fantastic. The only bump came when the kids went to sleep, and homesickness/longing for mommies commenced. However, the little ones' complaints and tears warmed my heart more than they stressed out my brain. I forgot how much 9 and 10 year olds care about their parents and homes. It was, for lack of a better phrase, fuckin' cute. Reminds me why I took the job.

After the campout, the weekend came. And what a weekend it was. Ursula came up Friday (bringing the rain with her) and we drove to Funky Town to meet my parents for dinner and weekend festivites. We had a terrific weekend, filled with lots o' fun stuff. I went to the Stockyards for the first time in forever and loved it. So many cool stores, restaraunts and saloons. Gotta love it. Fourth of July was celebrated by an all American bbq and baseball game/fireworks show. Despite the outcome, the Rangers game was a good way to spend the evening. Ursula and I had never been to a baseball game together. I think we're good baseball watching partners. Hopefully, that will translate into football this fall, when the Cowboys begin their season of domination.

I've returned to the Co-op now, and am starin down the barrell of another work week. This one looks like a breeze though--lots of tours and field trips. If I get time, I will write more in here in a few days. I need more time to just jot down some musings, rather than simply recount the events of my past week.

Until Later!


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment