Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All of my life I have been an accident prone, awkward ass, absent-minded, general fuck up. I am about to turn 22 years old, and still cannot conquer many of these flaws. One of the greatest challenges has and always will be my absent mindedness. How can one correct something that, by definition, occurs within one's own mind? How do you go about improving your ability to remember things on a daily, hourly basis.? I don't know, honestly.

Lately, my strategy has consisted of going through my head and remembering everything I have, while developing quick little systems to double check. I've just about mastered not losing my phone keys, or wallet, simply by saying "phone, keys, wallet," followed by patting each one of my pockets before I go anywhere.

Other items have given me more trouble though. Particularly clothing, sunglasses, water bottles, and other personal items. On a daily basis, it's hard to fairly assess my idiot level because of my job's circumstances. It's hard to double check everything in my head while chasing after kids in the hot Texas sun. Needless to say, I've already lost a water bottle and pair of sunglasses this summer.

Every time I lose or misplace something, I just feel really, really mentally inadequate. Like, if this were the cave man days, I'd be the caveman eaten by the saber tooth because I left my backup spear at the fire pit. Not a comforting thought. You'd think such a fatal flaw would be weeded out via natural selection, but no. My parents are just, if not more, goof prone than I am.

Needless to say, I'm stewing over this. If any of the three persons (and that's being generous) who actually read this slowly dying blog have any suggestions, besides "quit being retarded" I'd be happy to hear them.


On another note, I've been having an ongoing "political debate" with several members of my fraternity over the past couple of days. The politics of my fraternity is the only thing I don't like about it. Sadly, that's all many of them ever seem to want to talk to me about. Whatever

Have a good one


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment