Sunday, January 31, 2010

Move in Day

Pics of snow-day with Otis the Otter and Move in Day! Blog below!















Hello,

Well it's my first official day of the program! Today I met everyone, moved in, had an orientation session, and then went to a restaurant in China Town. All in all, I'd say it went pretty well. The people in the program, including my roommates, are nice and chill. All of them also seem very smart and outgoing as well. So that's good.

One interesting thing about the program is that there are 12 students from one school. That's almost 1/2 of the entire program. I think that makes it a little harder to break into the groove simply because the majority of people are not in my position. I suppose that puts them at a slight advantage. It is a little weird being around so many people I don't know. It's kind of like being a freshman all over again...in that regard at least.

I do have a few advantages though. I'm used to city life to a certain extent. And I have been to D.C. a few times, so a lot of things are familiar. Overall, I really just want the week to get started and for this whole thing to get rolling. There's kind of an edgy and anxious feeling in the air, most likely because everyone is starting their internships tomorrow and has little idea of what to expect.

Have I mentioned how badly I want work and this week to get started? Lol, I don't want to be redundant but the sooner it gets started the quicker a routine will develop. Routines may be boring sometimes, but they make time go by quicker and relieve anxiety. I think I need that.

I'm confident that in a week or two all that will fall into place. By that time, it will be mid February. It's astonishing how quickly this year has gone by. It seems like yesterday I was moving into the frat house, or helping Ursula get all her stuff into her second floor apartment. I know its only been a few days up here, but I already miss so many people! I hope everyone back home is doing well, and for those of you about to go abroad, ;) -- I wish the you the best and safest of travels.

Wish me the best of luck tomorrow! Big, big day...



No comments:

Post a Comment